Undergraduate Degrees and Programs
Our BS IE curriculum is designed to fully prepare graduates for cross-industry careers. You’ll be ready to:
- Make industrial engineering decisions that result in well-reasoned, value-added solutions.
- Engage in communications with stakeholders that are informative, persuasive, and constructive.
- Contribute to achieve team goals through effective team interactions and leadership.
- Acquire new skills and knowledge that advance professional practice and enable career advancement.
The IE program has outlined the following student outcomes to be attained by graduation:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- an ability to design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment and energy
- an ability to provide leadership in multi-functional teams.
This curriculum is accredited under the General Criteria and Industrial Engineering Program Criteria by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.