The Industrial Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the commission’s General Criteria and Program Criteria for Industrial and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.”
The Industrial Engineering (IE) Program educates its future graduates to accomplish its program educational objectives (PEO’s) in their early careers.
Specifically, the IE Program prepares its majors so that, within a few years after graduation, graduates’ attainments are
- Industrial engineering solutions that are effectively created and communicated and consider relevant stakeholders and ramifications.
- Team goal accomplishment through productive and inclusive interactions and leadership.
- New capabilities, skills, and knowledge that advance professional practice and enable career advancement.
The IE Program currently has the following student outcomes describing what IE majors are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic year||Fall enrollment||
Annual Graduation Data
Iowa State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
for the latest results, see this link.
for the process, see this link.