- “Deep learning methods to personalize antibody therapeutics for delaying viral rebound after cessation of ART,” 3/2020 – 2/2021. Total $150,000. PI: Hillel Haim (UIowa). Co-PI: Guiping Hu and Benjamin Darbro(UIowa).
- “BTT EAGER: Improving crop yield prediction by integrating machine learning with process-based crop models,” NSF, 3/2019 – 2/2021. Total $300,000. PI: Lizhi Wang. Co-PI: Sotirios Archontoulis, Baskar Ganapathysubramanian, Guiping Hu, and Patrick Schnable.
- “LEAP HI GOALI: Engineering crops for genetic adaptation to changing environments,” NSF, 9/2018 – 8/2023. Total: $1,999,999, PI: Lizhi Wang. Co-PI: Sotirios Archontoulis (ISU), William Beavis (ISU), Guiping Hu (ISU), and Jack Kloeber (Kromite). Senior personnel: Greg Doonan (Syngenta) and Charlie Messina (DuPont Pioneer).
- “A System Engineering Approach to Advance Plant Breeding Process through Optimized Management and Planning”, Plant Sciences Institute, 2/1/18-1/30/21, Principal Investigator (PI), Total: $225,000.
- “Development and Evaluation of Improved Strategies for Genomic Selection via Simulations and Empirical Testing”, AFRI, United State Department of Agriculture, 1/15/17-1/15/20, co-Principal Investigator (co-PI), Total: $733,795.
- “A Farm-level Precision Land Management Framework Based on Mathematical Programming”, Data Driven Discovery for Agricultural Innovation(D3AI), presidential Program, 1/15/17-5/15/17, Principal Investigator (PI), Total: $25,000.
- FactBoard: Real-Time Data Driven Visual Decision Support System for the Factory Floor”, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII), Principal Investigator. 3/15/16-3/15/18, Total: $2.6M.
- “Airplane Painting Capacity & Planning Tool”, Boeing Analytics Research Scholars Program, 10/15/15-11/15/16, co-Principal Investigator.
- “Real-time Shop Floor Production Planning and Optimization under Uncertainty”, NSF Center for e-design, Principal Investigator. 8/16/15-8/15/17.
- “Data Driven Highway Infrastructure Resilience Assessment: Phase II”, Midwest Transportation Consortium, Principal Investigator, 8/16/15-8/15/17.
- “Integrated Sustainable Bioenegy Pathway“, Baker Council, Co- Principal Investigator. 01/2014 – 12/2017.
- “Data Driven Highway Infrastructure Resilience Assessment: Phase I”, Midwest Transportation Consortium, Principal Investigator, 8/16/14-8/15/15.
- “Supply Chain Lot Sizing Decision Models and Analysis”, NSF Center for e-design, Principal Investigator. 1/2014 – 12/2015.
- “Experiments, Technoeconomics, and Optimization of Bioenergy Systems Based on Bio-Oil Gasification “, Iowa Energy Center, Co- Principal Investigator. 07/2012 – 06/2015.
- “Comparing the Relationship between Systems Engineering Processes and Project Success in Commercial and Government Research and Development Efforts”, NSF Center for e-design, co-Principal Investigator. 1/2014 – 12/2015.
- “Iowa’s Sustainable Energy Pathway (ISEP): Building a team to address the complete biofuels supply chain“, Plant Science Institute. 07/2012 – 06/2013.
- “System analysis and optimization design for manufacturing supply chain”, NSF Center for e-design, Principal Investigator. 8/2012 – 8/2013.
- “PNNL –ISU Joint TEA analysis”, Department of Energy, Biomass Program. Principal Investigator. 11/2011 – 10/2014.
- “Signature Program: Bioenergy System Analysis,” Bioeconomy Institute, Principal Investigator. 07/2011-07/2014.
- “Cheap Sugars for Sustainable Biofuels Production – Brazil v. U.S.”, Bio-based Industry Center. Co- Principal Investigator. 07/2011 – 06/2012.
- “Techno-economic, lifecycle analysis on bioenergy pathways,” Bioeconomy Institute, Principal Investigator. 07/2011 – 06/2013.
- “Mapping potential food sheds in Iowa: a system optimization modeling approach,” Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, Principal Investigator. 02/2010 – 01/2012.
- “Costs and Lifecycle Carbon Footprints of Existing and Proposed Biofuel Feedstocks: Algae, Miscanthus, Switchgrass, and Corn”, Bio-based Industry Center. Project Researcher. 07/2009 – 06/2010.