At ISU (H. Qin: PI):
PhD students: L. Jiang, X. Jiang, Y. Huang, X. Zhang, L. Yu, W. Shen, C. Shukla
MS students: Y. Cheng, K. Manikandan, S. Ravi-Kumar, P. Polamaplly, B. Lies
Published US patent:
Public domain data sharing from our group:
- [in preparation] W. Shen, H. Qin, “Influence of Powder Quality on Powder Flowability in Direct Energy Deposition”, for Additive Manufacturing.
- [in preparation] X. Zhang, Y. Cai, R. Sigh, B. Li, S. Ravi-Kumar, Y. Chen, H. Qin, “Toward the digital twin in electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing: in-situ real-time monitoring of micro-filaments via machine vision”.
- [in preparation] Z. Li, X. Zhang, B. Li, and H. Qin, “Nonlinear consideration of the in-plane buckling analysis of the confined functionally graded porous arches with nanocomposites reinforcement subjected to radially-directed uniform loading”.
- [in preparation] C. Shukla, L. Jiang, Y. Tawhari, J. Ren, H. Qin, “A Review on Control in Electrohydrodynamic-jet Printing and Process Monitoring”, ready for submission.
- Y. Huang, E. Olson, F. Liu, L. Jiang, R. Mort, S. Jiang, H. Qin, “Design of nanoink formulation for electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing”, Under review at Materials and Manufacturing Processes.
- J. D. Hamilton, S. Sorondo, A. Greeley, X. Zhang, D. Cormier, B. Li, H. Qin, I. V. Rivero, “Property-Structure-Process Relationships in Dissimilar Material Repair with Directed Energy Deposition: Repairing Gray Cast Iron using Stainless Steel 316L”, Under Review at Journal of Manufacturing Processes.
- Y. Huang, Y. Cao, H. Qin, “Electric field assisted direct writing and 3D printing of low-melting alloy”, In Production at Advanced Engineering Materials. https://doi.org/10.1002/adem.202200091
- W. Shen, Y. Cao, X. Jiang, Z. Zhang, G. Kremer, H. Qin, “Experimental and Numerical Investigation on Origami-inspired Rigid Tubular Structure under Lateral Loading for Pipeline Rehabilitation”, ASME Transactions-Journal of Applied Mechanics 89 (3) (2022): 031001. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4052799
- C-C Kuo, S. Clark, H. Qin, X. Shi, “Development of a shelf-stable, gel-based delivery system for probiotics by encapsulation, 3D printing, and freeze-drying”, LWT Food Science and Technology. Vol. 157 (2022): 113075. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2022.113075
- Y. Jiang, S. Wang, H. Qin, B. Li, Q. Li”Similarity quantification of 3D surface topography measurements”, Measurement Vol. 186 (2021): 110207 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2021.110207
- K. Wi, K. Wang, P.C. Taylor, S. Laflamme, S. Sritharan, H. Qin, “Properties and Microstructure of Extrusion-based 3D Printing Mortar Containing a Highly Flowable, Rapid Set Grout”, Cement and Concrete Composites Vol. 124 (2021): 104243 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2021.104243
- S. Wang, X. Zhang, Y. Zheng, B. Li, H. Qin, Q. Li, “Similarity Evaluation of 3D Surface Topography Measurements in Additive Manufacturing”, Measurement Science and Technology 32 (2021) 125003. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6501/ac1b41
- X. Zhang, W. Shen, V. Suresh, J. Hamilton, L-H Yeh, X. Jiang, Z. Zhang, Q. Li, B. Li, I. V. Rivero, H. Qin, “In-situ Monitoring of Direct Energy Deposition via Structured Light System and its Application in Remanufacturing Industry”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 116 (2021): 959–974.. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-021-07495-4
- L. Jiang, L. Yu, P. Premaratne, Z. Zhang, H. Qin, “CFD-based numerical modeling to predict the dimensions of printed droplets in electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 66(12):125-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2021.04.003
- X. Jiang, Y. Huang, X. Shi, Z. Zhang, H. Qin, “Effects of Lyophilization on the Release Profiles of 3D Printed Delivery Systems Fabricated with Carboxymethyl Cellulose Hydrogel”,. Polymers 13.5 (2021): 749 https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13050749
- X. Zhang, X. Jiang, Z. Zhang, and H. Qin, “X-ray characterization of functional silver microstructures via electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 114 (2021): 241–250. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-021-06858-1
- F. Liu, Y. Li, Y. Huang, A. Tsyrenova, K. Miller, L. Zhou, H. Qin, and S. Jiang, “Activation and Assembly of Plasmonic-Magnetic Nanosurfactants for Encapsulation and Triggered Release”, Accepted at Nano Letters. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.0c03641
- Y. Cheng; H. Qin; N. Acevedo; X. Jiang, X. Shi, “3D Printing of Extended-Release Tablets of Theophylline Using Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) Hydrogels”, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 591 (2020): 119983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2020.119983
- C-C Kuo, H. Qin, Y. Cheng, X. Jiang, X. Shi, “A novel manufacturing strategy to fabricate delivery system using gelatin/alginate hybrid hydrogels: 3D printing and freeze-drying”, Food Hydrocolloids, 11(2021): 106262. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2020.106262
- Y. Cheng, H. Qin, N. Acevedo, X. Shi*, “Development of methylcellulose-based sustained-release dosage by semi-solid extrusion additive manufacturing in drug delivery system”, Accepted and Available Online at Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials. https://doi.org/10.1002/jbm.b.34697
- K. Manikandan, X. Jiang, A. Singh, B. Li, H. Qin, “Effects of Nozzle Geometries on 3D Printing of Clay Constructs: Quantifying Contour Deviation and Mechanical Properties”, Procedia Manufacturing, 48 (2020): 678-683. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2020.05.160
- L. Jiang, Y. Huang, X. Zhang, H. Qin, “Electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)”, Procedia Manufacturing, 48 (2020): 90-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2020.05.024
- V. Suresh, Y. Zheng, X. Zhang, S. Wang, H. Qin, Q. Li, and B. Li, “Similarity evaluation of 3D topological measurement results using statistical methods”, Dimensional Optical Metrology and Inspection for Practical Applications IX, April 2020, Vol. 11397, p. 113970A. International Society for Optics and Photonics. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2557627
- Y. Huang, L. Jiang, B. Li, P. Premaratne, S. Jiang*, H. Qin*, “Study Effects of Particle Size in Metal Nanoink for Electrohydrodynamic Inkjet Printing Through Analysis of Droplet Impact Behaviors”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 56 (2020): 1270-1276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2020.04.021
- K. Manikandan, K. Wi, X. Zhang, K. Wang, and H. Qin*, “Characterizing cement mixtures for concrete 3D printing”, Manufacturing Letters, 24 (2020): 33-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mfglet.2020.03.002
- Y. Cheng, X. Shi*, X. Jiang, X. Wang, H. Qin*, “Printability of a Cellulose Derivative for Extrusion-Based 3D Printing: The Application on a Biodegradable Support Material”, Frontiers in Materials: 3D Printing of Bio-inspired Structures, 7 (2020): page 86. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmats.2020.00086
- X. Zhang, Y. Zheng, S. Wang, Q. Li, B. Li*, and H. Qin*, “Correlation Approach for 3D Surface Measurement Data of Additive Manufactured Parts Based on Optical Metrology.” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 53 (2020): 310-317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2020.02.037
- C-C Kuo, H. Qin*, D. F. Acuña, Y. Cheng, X Jiang, and X. Shi*, “Printability of Hydrogel Composites Using Extrusion-Based 3D Printing and Post-Processing with Calcium Chloride”, HSOA Journal of Food Science and Nutrition. http://doi.org/10.24966/FSN-1076/100051
- K. Wi, V. Suresh, K. Wang, B. Li, and H. Qin, “Quantifying Quality of 3D Printed Products Using a Structured Light System”, Additive Manufacturing, 32 (2020): 100987. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2019.100987
- Y. Zheng, X. Zhang, S. Wang, Q. Li, H. Qin*, and B. Li*, “Similarity Evaluation of Topography Measurement Results by Different Optical Metrology Technologies for Additive Manufactured Parts”, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 126 (2020): 105920. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2019.105920
- S. Ravi-Kumar, X. Zhang, B. Lies, L. Jiang, and H. Qin*, “An area-depth approximation model of micro-drilling on high-density polyethylene (HDPE) soft films using pulsed laser ablation”, ASME-Journal of Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing, 7(4) (Dec 2019): 044501. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4045331
- B. Melugiri-Shankaramurthy, Y. Sargam, X. Zhang, W. Sun, K. Wang, and H. Qin*, “Evaluation of Cement Paste Containing Recycled Stainless Steel Powder for Sustainable Additive Manufacturing.” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, 227 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.116696
- H. Lyu, X. Zhang, F. Liu, Y. Huang, Z. Zhang, S. Jiang, and H. Qin*, “Fabrication of micro-scale radiation shielding structures using tungsten nanoink through electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (JMM), 29 (2019): 115004. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6439/ab3b26
- X. Zhang, B. Lies, H. Lyu, and H. Qin*, “In-situ monitoring of electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing via scalar diffraction for printed droplets”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 53 (2019): 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2019.08.001
- S. Ravi-Kumar, B. Lies, X. Zhang, H. Lyu, and H. Qin*, “Laser Ablation of Polymers: A Review.” Polymer International, 68.8 (2019): 1391-1401. https://doi.org/10.1002/PI.5834
- P. Polamaplly, Y. Cheng, X. Shi, K. Manikandan, X. Zhang, G.E. Kremer, H. Qin*, “3D printing and characterization of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and methylcellulose for biodegradable support structures”, Polymer, 173 (2019): 119-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2019.04.013
- H. Qin, A. Madhavaram, and P. Polampally, “Effects of Geometric Variations on Mechanical Properties of Bio-scaffolds for Bone Regeneration”, Proceedings of the 2018 IIE Annual Conference (2018).
- R. Singh, X. Zhang, Y. Chen, J. Zheng, and H. Qin*, “In-situ Real-time Characterization of Micro Filaments in Electrohydrodynamic Inkjet Printing Using Machine Vision”, Procedia Manufacturing, 17 (2018): 45-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2018.10.011
- B. Lies, Y. Cai, E. Spahr, K. Lin and H. Qin*, “Machine vision assisted micro-filament detection for real-time monitoring of electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing”, Procedia Manufacturing, 26 (2018): 29-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2018.07.004
- H. Qin, J. Dong, and Y-S Lee. “Fabrication and electrical characterization of multi-layer capacitive touch sensors on flexible substrates by additive e-jet printing”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 28.3 (2017): 479-485. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2017.04.015
- H. Qin, Y. Cai, J. Dong, and Y-S. Lee, “Direct Printing of Capacitive Touch Sensors on Flexible Substrates by Additive E-Jet Printing With Silver Nanoinks”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139.3 (2017): 031011. http://doi.org/10.1115/1.4034663
- H. Qin, J. Dong, and Y-S. Lee. “AC-Pulse Modulated Electrohydrodynamic Jet Printing and Electroless Copper Deposition for Conductive Microscale Patterning on Flexible Insulating Substrates”, Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 43 (2017): 179-187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rcim.2015.09.010
- H. Qin, C. Wei, J. Dong, and Y-S. Lee, “Direct Printing and Electrical Characterization of Conductive Micro-Silver Tracks by Alternating Current-Pulse Modulated Electrohydrodynamic Jet Printing”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139.2 (2016): 021008. http://doi.org/10.1115/1.4033903
- C. Wei, H. Qin, C-P. Chiu, Y-S. Lee, and J. Dong, “Drop-on-Demand E-Jet Printing of Continuous Interconnects with AC-Pulse Modulation on Highly Insulating Substrates”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 37.2 (2015): 505-510. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2014.07.005
- C. Wei, H. Qin, N. A. Ramirez-lglesias, C-P. Chiu, Y-S. Lee, and J. Dong, “High-Resolution AC-Pulse Modulated Electrohydrodynamic Jet Printing on Highly Insulating Substrates”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 24.4 (2014): 045010 (9pp). https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/24/4/045010
- H. Lyu, X. Zhang, and H. Qin*, “A novel design of an optical system for in-situ real-time monitoring of micro/nano scale inkjet printing.” Under Review at Iowa State University Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office (ISURF 04946).
- H. Lyu, X. Zhang, F. Liu, Y. Huang, S. Jiang, and H. Qin*, “A novel tungsten nanoink for inkjet printing and its synthesis method”, Under Review at Iowa State University Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office (ISURF 04952).
- H. Lyu, X. Wang, S. Zhang, X. Zhang, H. Qin*, “A novel method to manufacturing flexible random laser using graphene-based on electrohydrodynamic inkjet printing” in National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA, Chinese Patent Office, Patent #: 201910398268).
- X. Shi, and H. Qin, Cellulose Derivative Based Biodegradable Support Structures for 3D Printing. U.S. patent (P13222US01)
- L. Jiang, X. Zhang, Y. Cai, and H. Qin, “Virtual reality app to teach fundamental manufacturing laboratories”, Under Review at Iowa State University Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office (ISURF 05117).
- X. Shi, S. Clark, and H. Qin, “A shelf stable probiotic supplement manufactured by hydrogel encapsulation, 3D printing and freeze-drying”, Under Review at Iowa State University Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office (ISURF 05239), 2021.
ResearchGate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Hantang_Qin
ORCID iD profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4180-7911