Uncertainty in systems is a direct result of incomplete information about some aspect of system operations. For example, an unexpected delay in a shipment occurs due to unknown causes or a manufacturing process produces unacceptable characteristics for a product because of some underlying phenomena that are not known. Identifying and understanding the sources of uncertainty in systems are critical steps in system design. We use computational models to predict how systems will behave under conditions of uncertainty.
- K. J. Min, J.Jackman and D. Gemmill, Assessment and Evaluation of Objectives and Outcomes for Continuous Improvement of an Industrial Engineering Program, International Journal of Engineering Education, to appear.
- P.D. Antonenko, J.Jackman, P. Kumsaikaew, R.R. Marathe, D.S. Niederhauser, C.A. Ogilvie and S.M.Ryan, Understanding student pathways in context-rich problems. Education and Information Technologies, 16, 323–342 (2011)
- Z. Y. Guerra de Castillo,J.Jackman and S. Ólafsson, Stochastic Flow Shop Scheduling Model for the Panama Canal, J. of the Operational Research Society, 62, 69–80, (2011)
- P. Ball, H. Grierson, K.J. Min, J.Jackman and P. Patterson, Working on an Assignment with People You’ll Never Meet! Case Study on Learning Operations Management in International Teams, International Journal of Engineering Education, 23, 368-377 (2007)
- P. Kumsaikaew, J. Jackman &V. Dark, Task Relevant Information in Engineering Problem Solving,” Journal of Engineering Education, 95, 227-239 (2006)
- S.M. Ryan, J. Jackman, F. Peters, S. Olafsson and M. Huba, The Engineering Learning Portal for Problem Solving, The Engineering Economist, 49, 1-19 (2004)
- T.H. Yang and J. Jackman, A Shannon Sampling Approach to Form Error Estimation,” Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 216 Part B, 225-233 (2002)
- T.H. Yang and J. Jackman, Form Error Estimation Using Spatial Statistics, Transactions of the ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 122, 262-272 (2000)
- L. Schmidt and J. Jackman, Modeling Recirculating Conveyors with Blocking, European Journal of Operational Research, 124, 422-436 (2000)
- Lai, Y. C., and J. Jackman, A Hierarchical Probabilistic Model for Product Development Processes.
- Lai, Y. C., and J. Jackman, A Composite Stochastic Model for Individual Product Development Tasks.
Office: 3025 Black Engineering
Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University
M.E. Pennsylvania State University
B.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute