Emmanuel Tetteh is currently a research assistant in the Physical Ergonomics and Biomechanics Lab (ErgoLAb) of Iowa State University (ISU) under the supervision of Dr. Gary A. Mirka. Prior to his current position, He was a research assistant in the BIOFABB Lab of the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCAT). While studying for his master’s degree in bioengineering, he worked under the supervision of Dr. Matthew McCullough to study the impact of screw thread shape on stress transfer in orthopedic screw fixations.
His research interest lies in musculoskeletal injury risk assessment in physical task performance, particularly in healthcare delivery. He works collaboratively with the Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery of the Mayo Clinic to understand the biomechanical and cognitive demand associated with surgical tasks with the intention of developing effective ergonomic interventions. Emmanuel’s current research effort is on exploring the utility of industrial exoskeletons as a means to reduce work-related musculoskeletal disorders in surgeon populations
- Norasi, H., Tetteh, E., Money, S., Davila, V., Meltzer, A., Morrow, M., Fortune, E., Mendes, B., & Hallbeck, M., S. (2021). Intraoperative Posture and Workload Assessment in vascular surgeons. Applied Ergonomics.92, 103344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2020.103344
- Tetteh, E., & McCullough M. (2020) Impact of Screw Thread Design on Stress Transfer in Cancellous Bone: A finite element study. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1080/10255842.2020.1743980
- Tetteh, E., Sarker, P., Radley, C., Hallbeck, M. S., & Mirka, G. (2020). Effect of Surgical Radiation Personal Protective Equipment on EMG-based Measures of Back and Shoulder Fatigue: A Study on Novices. Applied Ergonomics, 84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2019.103029
- Tetteh, E., Hallbeck, M. S., Mirka, G. (2019). Lead Vest/Apron and Back Pain in Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Surgery: A Scoping Review. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 63(1), 1367–1368. https://doi.org/10.1177/1071181319631162
- Tetteh, E., & Mirka, G. (2018). Effect of Time on the Variability of Lifting Kinematics in a Repetitive Lifting Task. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 62(1), 910-914. https://doi.org/10.1177/1541931218621209
- Amissah, Q. R., Atchurey, K. A., Appiah, L., Fiakumah, K. E., Gyapong-Korsah, E., Boadu, J., Tetteh, E., Offei, E., & Kaufmann, E. E. (2013). Biomedical Engineering in Ghana. European Scientific Journal, 9, 171-182. https://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/view/915/957